Awelon Healthcare recognises and promotes the importance of our staff, ensuring our training and development programme enables continued professional development for every member of our team.
Our training program includes the following modules:
Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Boots Medication Training
- Internal Medication Training
- Buddy Induction Training
- Vulnerable Adults
- Manual Handling
- Managing Service User Money
- Infection Control
- DOL’S (Deprivation of Liberty & Safeguarding)
- First Aid
- Fire Safety & Fire Evacuation
- Food Hygiene
- Recording Skills
- Health & safety
- Lone Working
- Equality & Diversity
- Conflict Management
- Risk Assessment
- Supervision & Appraisal
- Mental Capacity Act
- Person Centered Care
- Principles of Care & Confidentiality
- Dying, death & bereavement
- Effective Communication
- Nutrition & Diet
All staff are required to undertake Positive Behaviour Management training which is delivered through an external specialist training provider.
In addition to above statutory and mandatory training all employees will undertake the following training modules:
• Behaviour Monitoring • Complaints • Management of Violence and Aggression • Professional Boundaries • Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) • Suicide and DSH • Self Harm • Borderline Personality Disorder •
NVQ’s/QCFs are competence-based qualifications which allow employees to learn practical, work-related tasks designed to help employees develop the skills and knowledge to do their job effectively. All staff are actively encouraged to gain NVQ’s relevant to their role, in order to continuously improve the skills and standards required in order to achieve excellence in care.
We have an assessment & training company come to the workplace to deliver the QCF’s
NVQ’s/QCF’s are assessed on practical assignments and a portfolio of evidence. A qualified assessor will observe you and test your knowledge and understanding as well as your actual performance. Once you have reached the required standard, your assessor will sign off the individual units within the NVQ/QCF.