Michelle is a valued member of our Team here at Parkview in Clydach. We are very proud of what she has become and achieved over the years while working for us. Click on the Image below to read all about Michelle’s story.
- To provide a residential service which seeks to improve the quality of life for service users with learning disabilities who may engage in behaviours which are often viewed as problematic or challenging.
- To provide a safe, stable and stimulating environment which encourages service users to grow as individuals and develop personal skills and abilities to maximise their potential, and whenever possible, promote independence.
- To provide an environment that creates as normal a life as is possible for service users, and which preserves dignity and identity in meeting their emotional and physical needs.
- To promote equality of opportunity and encourage anti-discriminatory practice by recognising rights, choices, beliefs and values of service users and their families.
- To encourage and facilitate interactions within the local and wider communities as a means of developing social networks and experiencing warm and meaningful relationships.
- To work effectively with Social Services, Health Services and other external agencies in enhancing the quality of life for the service users.
- To adopt a holistic approach towards the care and development of service users, using non-aversive methods based on psychological models to adopt and manage behaviours.
- To give all staff the training, support and consultation required to achieve a quality workforce, which will fulfil the aims and objectives of the service.